4 comments

A security package specific error occurred(1825)

Published on Wednesday, November 17, 2010 in , , ,

A while ago I wanted to view the event log of a server. For this task there is no need to log in using remote desktop. However when I fired up the event log viewer and tried to connect to the NetBIOS name of my server I got the following error:

image

Using remote desktop I could connect just fine to the server. At least that’s what it looked like. Locally I could open the event log without issues. But I saw events which couldn’t possibly be logged on this server. And then it came clear, there was an IP conflict! To be honest it’s a lab environment so these things can happen occasionally.

The reason this fails is because my client (my administration pc) asks AD for a Kerberos Ticket for server x whilst when connecting I’m actually presenting this Kerberos Ticket to server y. This results in a server receiving a ticket encrypted with a password other than it’s own. Result: the above error.

Thomas, we should have updated the CMDB, Vuylsteke

Related Posts

4 Response to A security package specific error occurred(1825)

Anonymous
22 November, 2010 13:02

This error can also occur when the time on your server is incorrect...

14 June, 2011 15:23

In my case it was incorrect time on the machine I was trying to connect to.

14 June, 2011 23:29

Thanks for the feedback! Definately interesting to keep in mind.

Anonymous
09 November, 2011 23:14

Two records on the same DNS address can do this too.

Add Your Comment