Seems like finally the official KB got through: Update Package 1 for Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) 2010
I’m a bit disappointed about the details given. The explanation given by Markus Vilcinskas on TechNet forums: What’s New in FIM update 1 has some interesting extra information:
- A new prerequisite for Update 1: The FIM Synchronization Service is now using SQL Native Agent, so be sure to install it before you install the update
- FIM Synchronization Service changes:
- Added support for Recycle Bin in Active Directory.
To get the correct result, install the Active Directory Recycle Bin fix 979214 on the DC used by FIM Synchronization Service.
- Added a new feature called “Resume Full Sync”.
If a full sync is not completed the next time the same run profile is attempted a new option in Run Management Agent will allow the administrator to continue the Full Sync from the point that it stopped.
- Addressed an issue to detect Exchange Server 2010 in the AD MA.
In my opinion the update is really advised, especially if you’re using Exchange 2010 and/or Active Directory based on Windows 2008 R2